Fried Pies with Chicken filling...Air Fryer

Have a favorite recipe you would like to share?

Fried Pies with Chicken filling...Air Fryer

Postby ShirleyC » December 30th, 2017, 9:55 am

I had some bought pie crust so I made up a mixture of some leftover chicken breast, a can of cream of chicken soup, about 1/2 c. sour cream, and a 1/2 c. grated cheese. I added some seasonings. I cut one crust into 4 pieces. Added some filling, folded each one over on the straight sides and pinched together.
I sprayed both sides with butter flavored cooking spray. Cooked all 4 in the fryer at 370 degrees for 10 minutes. They’re not that pretty, but so good! They were also very flaky!
(I have enough filling left to make 4 more. I started with about 2 chicken breasts.) I also know this isn't a cardiac diet, but I'm trying to use up some stuff I had here.
Attachments
26133520_10213303083984545_307021123_n.jpg
26133520_10213303083984545_307021123_n.jpg (89.04 KiB) Viewed 186 times
ShirleyC

Re: Fried Pies with Chicken filling...Air Fryer

Postby nonie » December 30th, 2017, 11:18 am

They actually look very good. Great way to use leftovers.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Karens Krafts » December 30th, 2017, 11:55 am

What a great idea. I can just feel the flaky bits as you’d bite into it. I bought a turkey breast yesterday. I just didn’t get enough turkey & stuffing at Thanksgiving, so here’s a way to use up the leftovers. Yum!
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby ShirleyC » December 30th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Karen, that would be perfect. I was amazed at how flaky the crust turned out.
ShirleyC

Postby Rosieq » December 30th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Yummy...not sure on the salt content of your pie crust. But up if you cook up your bones with carrots and celery with a couple cups of water, you can add flour after getting rid of the bones and make a creamy gravy with the low fat sour cream. That way you won't need to use the canned soup, and you can use a smudge less of sour cream. And, last but not least, cut that cheese way down to...perhaps as much or more than cut out half. Some people do not use the powdered cheese in Kraft Macaroni and cheese, and just use it for popcorn etc...why not just a few sprinkles instead of any cheese.

I know I just rewrote your recipe. I have that habit, especially with sugars and salt. I won't use faux sugar or that other other natural sugar Stevia. They all just taste awful to me, so I just cut the amount I use.

Do you know you can buy a canister that makes that aerosol spray with any oil. Some are more healthy than others. We are big with olive oil.

I'm glad to hear the fryer is working so well.

Linda. Now after all this advice to you....why aren't I skinny? :rotflo: :rotflo:
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby ShirleyC » December 30th, 2017, 9:57 pm

I hear ya, but like I said, I'm trying to use up some things. I hate wasting food, and I hate having to go to the store when I just made this on a whim. I used the Nu-salt in the chicken which has no sodium. The seasoning I bought has no sodium. If you consider the filling was only a couple of tablespoons, then it's really not a whole lot. No more than Clay is eating, I can promise you he's not going anywhere near the top of the sodium chart. Also used low-fat sour cream.
ShirleyC

Postby angelalee511 » January 1st, 2018, 5:35 am

I never thought to use an air fryer (oil-less fryer) for anything other than turkey and chicken. I bet my dh could come up with some recipes once I tell him what you did! Fabulous! We love cooking with ours.
angelalee511

Return to Recipes