sew what pro help

Machine Embroidery

Moderator: ShirleyC

nonie

sew what pro help

Post by nonie »

Okay this is one name I have done and I don't like it. I can not see where I can delete it from SWP. Is it possible to do the name over and fix my mistakes and when I hit save I think it will ask if I want to replace the one that is there. Then I could say yes and I am thinking that will solve my problem, Yes? or no!
name help.jpg
name help.jpg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 13889 times
ShirleyC

Re: sew what pro help

Post by ShirleyC »

That should work. Question? Are you going to join the letters?
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

Yes, I want to join the letters but swap, is not letting me pull up the individual letters since I already saved it. I have no clue, I am so new at this. So my thinking is to redo it and save again.
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

You may have to start over. Don’t save it until it’s the way you want it. When you join letters, be sure they’re in the right stitch order.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

Thank you. I didn’t even think of the order of sewing. I do like taking the time to learn something new.
nonie

Post by nonie »

Again, thank you for your help. I am getting the hang of this and it doesn't seem to be to hard to understand.
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

I felt such you could figure it out. There might also be some YouTube videos.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

There are some good YouTube videos, but what found out is, you need to play with the :D program first, to know what they are talking about. Then you’ll get the aww moments
janmoore

Post by janmoore »

As others said, if you still name the file the same ("Dean"), it should replace the first one.

When I was doing a lot of monogramming, I saved my files with the name (i.e., Dean), and then the name of the font. I know the font name sometimes comes up in the window to the right, on the screen, but sometimes not. Sometimes I knew I wanted the same font, but maybe for a different project or name, but could never remember the name of font to find it in my many font files. That probably makes absolutely no sense to anyone but me. :lol:

DId you ever join any of the Sew What Pro groups on FB? I know you try to limit FB time, but I often found more answers there, than in come videos. They are real people, experiencing the same problems we do! I admit to not checking in on any in a couple years, since I have not really been sewing. But, I always found them helpful in the past.
NancyFigur

Post by NancyFigur »

I love sew what pro but I mostly did my monograms or names in Monogram Wizard and then opened them in SWP to add things or finish it off.

I did always feel like I was guessing when working in SWP.

Nancy