Asking for ideas

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
nonie

Asking for ideas

Post by nonie »

Do any of you know of good recipes for using the slow cooker and cooking for two? I see lots of soups and stews but what about pork cops or a small pot roast? even chicken!
ShirleyC

Re: Asking for ideas

Post by ShirleyC »

I've cooked pork loins in the slow cooker using a little Italian dressing, or even the packet with chicken broth in the pot. They are always good.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
Angela

Post by Angela »

I have cooked pork loin using just a bottle of barbecue sauce. I've also cooked pot roast with Lipton onion soup mix and water (or beef broth) with carrots and potatoes. You can control the portion by the size of the pot roast. I used to have a cookbook for slow cooker recipes but I must have given it away since I can't find it. I think I also used to cook chicken with cream of soup but cannot remember for the life of me how I did it.

This is a really good chicken and wild rice recipe that I make a lot. I use almond milk and gluten free flour. https://pinchofyum.com/crockpot-chicken-wild-rice-soup. You can reduce the amount of ingredients to make it smaller. I will also add a bag of riced cauliflower to add in more veggies.
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

Good day for me, with a little help from my friends, so those wonderful! Really looking forward to doing the pork dish.
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Nonie, I always cook my roasts in the Crockpot. I slice potatoes and carrots for the bottom of the pot, then place a seasoned roast on top of them. I season with Lawry's seasoned salt, garlic salt, and pepper. I then add 1/2 cup of water to the pot. Sometimes I also sprinkle a package of Lipton's dry onion soup mix over the roast and add a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 can of water over the top of that. It thickens the pan juices and makes a wonderful gravy if you want to serve with rice.
nonie

Post by nonie »

Sounds so good! I will try that :D
Luzenia

Post by Luzenia »

Nonie, this makes a lot more than 2 servings but you can use the left overs in soup

Crock Pot Chicken

1-whole fresh chicken
1-12oz bag of Mirapioux or 1 Med onion diced, 1 green bell pepper diced or 1/2 green and 1/2 red bell pepper,4 ribs of celery diced, 1 carrot diced. you need about 1 1/2cups of this mixture.
1 large fresh lemon.
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp each of black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil. DO NOT USE GARLIC SALT. Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
1/2 cup water

Remove chicken from package and remove giblets from the cavity and pat outside of chicken dry. Sprinkle cavity and outside of chicken with combined spices. Stuff cavity of chicken with the diced veggies. If any veggies left over place them in the bottom of the crock pot.. Place the stuffed chicken in the crock pot with the breast side down. Cut lemon in half and using a reamer juice the lemon over the the chicken and add the lemon rinds and giblets to the pot. Add water, place lid on pot and cook on high for 6 hours. Carefully remove chicken from pot it will fall apart. Serve with noodles or rice with your choice of veggie sides.
nonie

Post by nonie »

Oh, now that sounds so good. You could do so much with the left overs.