Homemade pumpkin spice latte

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
KarenVA

Homemade pumpkin spice latte

Post by KarenVA »

I was craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte--and I don't like to go to Starbucks anymore! So, I found this really tasty recipe and I can make it at home--any time we want!!

The Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
PREP 5mins COOK 5mins TOTAL 10mins

Make the popular coffee house pumpkin spice latte at home. Canned or homemade pumpkin puree both
work well in this recipe. Here’s our recipe for making pumpkin puree from scratch.
Makes 2 Drinks

YOU WILL NEED
2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, or more to taste, see our homemade pumpkin puree recipe 1 to 3
tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
Whipped cream, for serving

DIRECTIONS
Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.
Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

ADAM AND JOANNE'S TIPS
Milk: This tastes best with 2% or whole milk, but you can substitute with skim milk. Non-dairy milk
like soy, almond, or coconut milk will also work.
Sugar: This recipe calls for 1 to 3 tablespoons of sugar. How much you use is up to you. We tend to
prefer less sugar in our drinks. You can also use a sugar substitute. Add this to taste.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend: Find pumpkin pie spice at the store or make it at home. You likely have
everything you need to make it already. Mix the following spices in a spice jar: 1 1/2 tablespoons
ground cinnamon + 2 teaspoons ground ginger + 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg + a pinch of ground
cloves.
More Pumpkin Flavor: Since posting this recipe, some readers have noted that they would prefer a
stronger pumpkin flavor. You can achieve this two ways: increase the puree by 1 to 2 tablespoons or
cook a large batch of puree down in a saucepan over medium heat until reduced and concentrated in
flavor, and then use in the latte.
Nutrition Facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the USDA database
to calculate approximate values. We assumed 2% milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar.

If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We love to see your creations
on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @inspiredtaste
NUTRITION PER SERVING: Serving Size 1 drink / Calories 171 / Protein 9 g / Carbohydrate 21 g /
Dietary Fiber 1 g / Total Sugars 20 g / Total Fat 6 g / Saturated Fat 4 g / Cholesterol 24 mg

AUTHOR:Adam and Joanne Gallagher

l recipe post can be found on Inspired Taste here:
https://www.inspiredtaste.net/8419/pump ... -latte-at-
home-recipe/
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Re: Homemade pumpkin spice latte

Post by nonie »

Thank you so much!

Is it that time already?
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

HAHAHAHAHA Not yet, really, Nonie. But, I was hungry for one anyway!
Hugs, Karen
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

So, I made this for our breakfast coffee this morning!! I did one cup of 1% milk and one cup of half and half—4 tablespoons of pumpkin—three espresso shots and sugar to taste—and followed the recipe for the rest.

It’s really good!!!
Hugs, Karen