Pimento and Cheese

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
ShirleyC

Pimento and Cheese

Post by ShirleyC »

I buy the grated yellow cheese mostly, but you can grate it yourself for even more flavor. I will just say start with at least 2-3 cups. Drain a small jar of chopped pimentos, and add those. (Add cheese if needed) Then I add mayonnaise - ever how much you like. I like it very moist. I add some garlic powder which is what really makes it good.

Clay's sister always put pickles in hers, and I hated it. :roll: We eat it on bread or with crackers. It's good to serve at parties like a dip.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
gardenbunnies

Re: Pimento and Cheese

Post by gardenbunnies »

Shirley, when I have made it, (I can't eat it anymore since red foods break me out in the hives)I used the Paula Deen recipe. It is really good, what makes it really good, is it uses cream cheese also. Here is a link to the recipe.
https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/bobbys-pimento-cheese/
Sylvia
nonie

Post by nonie »

Putting on my grocery list, I have not had pimento cheese since my aunt passed away. I loved hers.
Luzenia

Post by Luzenia »

I love pimento cheese but have not been able to find a good one lately and I don't have time to make it from scratch. One of the local deli's used to make a really good in-house pimento cheese but sadly no longer do.

Luzenia
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Newk's has marvelous pimiento cheese!!