Some Ornmaments

Machine Embroidery

Moderator: ShirleyC

Barbara Rose

Some Ornmaments

Post by Barbara Rose »

These are some of the ornaments I stitched for our daughter's tree. The round ones are new this year from Embroidery Library and the butterfly is the Urban Threads 3-D butterfly. It is hot glued to a clip, but I didn't glue it. It seems that I am severely glue-challenged (and paint-challenged too). Years ago, I made our grandson a Robin Hood costume with the cutest little hat. I used wool felt (the good stuff) and it was just darling until I tried to hot glue a feather on it. I had that glue everywhere, (what a mess I made) and I burned myself in the process. I got to make the cute little hat again. Now when something needs gluing, Diane gets to do it!
Attachments
IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0685.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
IMG_0689.jpg
IMG_0689.jpg (79.51 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
ShirleyC

Re: Some Ornmaments

Post by ShirleyC »

The ornaments are so cute! The butterfly is so elegant!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

She will love the ornaments! The glue story :lol: :lol: :lol: - that's totally me!!! The butterfly is gorgeous, but I would have glue everywhere as well. When I teach, some techniques use washable glue - like you, it's everywhere when I use it! I am equally paint challenged. Are we sisters separated at birth? LOL!

Kathy
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Those are so pretty--and perfectly done!! You and Kathy have other amazing talents--I'll be your glue and paint person!!
Hugs, Karen
NancyFigur

Post by NancyFigur »

Those are so pretty. Mine would never come out that nice but my glue would be first rate.

The trick is to have different glue guns. My favorite is a florist one that uses cool melt glue sticks that are oval not round. It doesn't get as hot and has a really tiny nozzle.
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Oh, my! How beautiful all of them are - - - but that butterfly!!! :shock: Amazing